damn salesmen,,

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Mar 22, 2002.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I went to the local music shop yesterday to look for work experience. I got the spot, and then i went to the bass section and startewd playing this sweet Washburn 6-er. I dont know what it was but i loved it. Now he told me that it can double as a baritone guitar. Is THAT true? Then i started talking to him about the spectors on the wall. he said that that its the warwicks that look like the spectors. then i was tlaking to him about the amps and all around there. I told him that i was only 15 and that i wanted to be in a small garage band by the end of the year so i asked him what COMBO amp would suit me. He said that the SWR or AMPEG amp and head would suit me fine. Then i said nah im loking for a combo, then he said that the Amoeg was good, but i would take it home and brong it back and buy the head and cab.

Do i get this because im young and people think i dont know what im looking for, or does everyone get this? i agree im young and i DONT know what im looking for, but i do know that im 15 and i CANNOT afford a $4000 rig. How do i get around this?
  2. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    1st off, slap that guy. Ive found I usually do better on my own in music stores. Sales men usually have little to no respect for younger players. Drop some knowlege on that foo' and maybe theyll realize that you know what your talking about and that you are seriouse. Talkbass is here for the knowledge part, any questions for US?
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    A Warwick (Streamer) looks like a Warwick, at least he got that right...
  4. i happen to be one of the salemen at a local music store; i take it very seriously and offer any help to any one who is looking for a bas or rig. so come to me and we'll set you up with the right gear

that is all
  5. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I had an Ampeg B2 combo for 3 years. If I could have had the chance to sell myself back then, I would have told myself to save up for the Head and cab. I'm not a sleaze, but I lost $400 by selling that amp to get my other stuff (GK 1001rb and Goliath 4x10).

On the plus side, I went on to work at a music store and get a sweet deal on the Head and cab.

In essence, some goons will treat you like a little punk because 99% of the 15 year olds we see are penniless and clueless. It's human nature to assume. What can you do?
  6. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Become more knoweledgable at bass and bass accessories. ;) Which is what i plan to do from now and until i go back there next so i can talk to the guy again and tell him where to put his....yeah...:D...so if you huys see me posting in Amps and Bass more, you know why ;)