Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Damn you heat-wave

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vorago, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Is anyone else here melting to his/her chair as we speak? It's not funny anymore, I still have exams but it's just too hot to study.

Stupid weather :mad:

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    In New England, the heat wave finally ended last Thursday or Friday. The two weeks previous, it was humid and 90+ degrees here every day in Connecticut. Much of Arizona was around 108 degrees yesterday, according to the news.

What's the temp. like there in Europe?

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    It was hot for me last week, now its a little more reasonable.

4. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    We got released from school early because of the heat on one of the days. Our building doesn't have AC, and the airflow in some wings were little to nonexistant. The air was hot and stagnant, and reeked of sweat.

Vince

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Overhere it's 32° C, but under the roof of my house and in the (small) garden it's somewhere between 35° and 40° C.

Humidity is around 35%

6. same here... it was horrible in school . I like that weather but it really depends on what you're doing ( and where ) .

7. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    And somehow these heat-waves always happen during the exams!

I'm moving to Norway next year.

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...uh...

That's a "heat wave"????

:confused:

32 C = 90 F (approximately)

90 F with 35% humidity would be considered a marvelously pleasant day in Orlando, FL in the summertime! Try 98 F with 90% humidity, that's an AVERAGE day there...

...heck even here in North Carolina in the mountains we were hitting mid 90's last week with 80%+ humidity. Of course this weekend it's been really pleasant, mid 70's for the highs and about 75% humidity.

9. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    It was about 90 to 100 F here yesterday. I rode 10 miles to and from work on my bike and played a round of disk golf with my Father.

~John

10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    yeah well, of you're not used to it, it's pretty hot.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Our highs have only been getting up to 98f/36c so far but I think it's going to get hot in July. Last summer was pretty mild but I'm thinking this one is gearing up to be pretty warm.

I've been doing my jogging around 6:30 am though and it's still not bad at all at that time. I also wait until 7pm or later to do the mowing.

brad cook

12. Wow, it was suprisingly not humid here in MS, which is weird, cause MS is the MOST HUMID of all humid states.........its so Humid its like HUMID HELL.

13. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Yeah, certainly am! so its hitting the rest of Europe too? yeah, its damn hot. But a very humid, sticky hot thats not enjoyable at all! It apparently was getting towards 40 C down in the south this weekend. At my office its actually loads hotter inside too, which is even more annoying :mad:

plus the air is thick with pollen, I look like I've been in a fight or something! Big puffy eyes and a red nose, accompanied by huge sneezing fits. Attractive huh? :D Curse this hayfever. :mad:

14. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    We've had hot (95) and humid (90%) for the last couple days. We are the land or extremes. Just 5 onths ago it could have been 40 below and dry enough to crack your face.

Oh yeah, my central air is down while th eidiots siding my house try to get their act together and finish the project.

15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Kill them.

Kill them now.

:ninja:

16. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    it's not so much the heat.....it's the humidity with me, it's very draining...been getting headaches (i feel old, but i'm not even old like gard, yet) :D

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Your entire post just described Houston and east Texas from June through September every year. :) Ok well the pollen is a few times a year but the rest is dead on.

brad cook

18. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    thats exactly it.... I dont mind the temperature, but the humidity is so exhausting. after a day at work I just want to go straight home and go to sleep, I feel all foggy headed and funny.

19. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Yeah I bet! :) I don't know how you cope - although I suppose you just get used to it. Here we arent :D literally a couple of weeks ago, it could have been February. The summer suddenly takes hold then disappears again!

you texans must be a stong breed..... :D

20. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    san antonio and houston are very rough, but miami, florida is horrid.