Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Damn you Ibanez UK!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Mar 21, 2002.

1. ARGH! The BTB515E won't be available here in the UK, and Ibanez have no plans to introduce it!

WHAT WILL BE MY NEXT BASS?!?!?

I had my heart set on that bass, even before they introduced the Bart pickups. I was gonna buy the 405, but I budgeted for £600 for the 515E, and the 405 only costs £430, so I really want a £600 bass, as the parents are willing to help me up to £650 and I don't want to squander this opportunity.

Hmm, Spector REX 2000/5 anyone? :D

Could be a god deal...perhaps fate has sent me in the right direction...

Comments anyone?

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Nah if you want that BTB.. you can get it.. You won't be able to play before you buy.. but thats the way it goes sometimes

3. No, I mean there will be no UK distribution. I'd have to pay to have it shipped from the States or somewhere. expensive(i.e. £100+ for shipping - I was pushing it at getting the damn thing for £650)

Unless by Xmas time Ibanez decide to offer it here in the UK through Laney, their distributor, then there's no hope. The 1005E will be offered though, but lists at £1400.

:( :( :(

4. Rex Brown has never endorsed Ibanez basses, has he??? You call yourself "Pantera Fan" so you are now "forced" in the right direction!

5. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Try:
    musiciansfriend.com

The shipping is reasonable though I am not familiar with the English pound (I'm in the US) and they might ship to the UK for less than you think. PLUS a 45 day satisfaction guarantee return policy.

6. I've had my eye on a 515 myself and after the suggestion by Lovin Bass I had a look at musicians friend.

There prices are pretty good but when I mailed customer support asking what the shipping charge would be to the UK i recieved this reply...

================================
    Summary: Shipping cost to UK
    Suggested Solution:
    At 03/22/2002 07:11 AM we wrote -

Dear

Thank you for your recent inquiry.

Unfortunately, due to manufacturer's stipulations and trade
    agreements, we only ship to the United States, Puerto Rico and U.S.
    APO and FPO addresses.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to serve you in the
    future. If you have other questions please feel free to contact us.

Musicians Friend Customer Service
    ===========================

Anyone got any other recommendations?