1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Damn you Line 6!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Subculture13, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    They have a promotion right now... Buy a Variax bass and get a Bass Pod XT Live free. I've been seriously contemplating buying a Variax and I AM going to buy an XT Live very soon...

How cool is this? How great the timing? I'm all set to make a trip down to my store and order in a Variax.... I double check something on the Line 6 site and see something that I swear wasn't there 48 hours ago..... Offer only available in the US.

Damn you! Damn you dirty stinking apes!! Damn you all to hell!!

OK, I feel better now, thanks for letting me rant.

2. Hyde

Hyde

Mar 30, 2006
    Road trip!

3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Line 6 is distributed in Canada by SF Marketing. They can choose or not choose to hold promotions on the line in their territory. A look on their site today in the "NEWS" section showed no promotion that I could see.

We Canucks are just so grateful and happy that we get to buy gear at full MSRP plus distributor mark-ups. Ahh, life is good.

4. www.musiccastle.com or 248-543-5070.
    Ask for Tim.
    They are in Detroit. Not too far from ya.

5. Subculture13

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Two words... Payment plan. My store has a 12 month plan to pay it off, i dont have hard cash just yet. I'm out of luck I think.

6. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    I was just at a music store that carries line 6 stuff and the guy said that if I bought a variax bass it woudl include the pod xt because of this "deal" going...but that it would cost 1750 (canadian) for the 4 string variax, di, pod xt, and special cord with it. Is it just me or did he up the price ?

7. Subculture13

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Setting aside the promotion... The Variax bass is shipped WITH the DI and a cable. They come with it no matter what, confirm it online too. The promo is (according to Line 6) for USA only, but a Canadian store maybe could honour it somehow. But the bass, Pod XT Live or not better not be marked up one cent for the "extras", they are all included already. I can get a 4 string Sunburst in Toronto for $1525 (L&M) and the 5 for $1795.

8. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    well his "deal" of 4 string + pod for 1750 must have been marked up 225 form the original price to accomodate the "thrown in" pod :rollno: that store has never been very honest.

9. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Awaiting word from SF if they're going to honour the promotion, when I hear a definitive answer, I'll post it!

10. Subculture13

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Let me know... I was all but counting my pennies until the USA disclaimer appeared magically one sunny afternoon.

11. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Good news Sub...we heard back today that the spiff will be offered in Canada as well. Order up your Variax, then mail in the form and you'll get your Free BODXT Live...while supplies last, natch, so quick it up!

12. E=Fb

E=Fb Guest

Jan 28, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Have pity on us Aussies though...
    Line 6s over here cost over 2000 without one of the Pods.
    Lucky Americans:scowl:

:D

13. fish man

fish man

Nov 14, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    Man. I went through the exact exact thing. If you're sure the deal will be honoured, at a shop in London here they have a 4-string Variax on the floor for $800. Its the black model, and it is a floor model, but the price is right and man does that thing play nice.

14. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Just remember, you have to mail in the form with a copy of your receipt...it's not the dealer that's giving out the BODs, it's the manufacturer, so don't expect to by a Variax and then walk out the door with that and a BODXT Live as well! And again, it's WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!!!

A co-worker had a page up with the annoucement, I can't find it (which is scary!) so I'll get the link from him and post it tomorrow...sit tight folks!

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Let's see, $2,000 AUS ... isn't that about $800 US?

16. Hey you canucks quit complaining! I hear the place is overflowing with vintage Traynor gear. YBA1As used to hold up coffee tables and such. Custom specials left out in the rain, YBA3As gutted for TV parts.

17. Currently AU$2000 is equal to US$1490.32

18. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Yeah, I saw the same offer, tried one out, and ended up buying 2 of the 705s! Found out afterward that you can only get one free preamp per person.... oh well...

19. fazzball

fazzball

Dec 9, 2005
    Sydney

Are you sure? Billy Hydes have them for like $2900 AUD

20. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    okay, there's no posting on a website yet, but we did get an e-mail from the Canadian supplier that the promotion is available in Canada as well, we're awaiting a reply with detail on how it will all work...as usual, when I know, I'll post as soon as possible, and then you'll know!!!