Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Ya... some jerk just keyed my truck. And a couple others parked around mine.

Both sides of the bed... driver side is the worst. the passenger side is more of a scuff i could buff out.

piece of **** people... damn.

People who key cars... should die.
  2. you sound angry.....

but yes i agree...instant death penalty for keying cars...that is a low thing to do.
  3. Sorry to hear that Mike, you haven't had your truck for long have you??

I agree - random acts of vandalism should be viewed with very low tolerance. :spit:
  4. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    Thats the lowest of the low. People just don't like other people to have nice things.

On a totally unrelated note though......

Does anyone know how to get truck paint off my car keys?
  5. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Wow, if anyone ever keyed my car, they would be finished If I ever found them. My car came with those stupid little chromies that all the kids steal, and about 2 days after owning the car 2 of them were stolen. I could care less about them, but it amazes me how stupid people can be.

Btw, for those of you who dont know what chromies are, there those stupid little air cap covers for you tire, but there blinged out. Probably the dumbest idea ever.
  6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Some folks just can't handle envy well.

Line em and shoot em all. :bassist:
  7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    So I'm probably $1k in the hole, atleast.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Or you could leave the scratches in, and buy yourself a pretty decent bass with the money.
  9. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Think of it like the tattoo you always wanted. Except that instead of being a tattoo you choose, someone else choose it for you and instead of being on your arm, its on your car.

Actaully, don't think of it like that at all.
  10. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    I've always wanted to go around committing random crimes like keying cars and taking dumps on my neighbors' lawns.
  11. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Then he could use that to thwomp the idiot who keyed his car. He'd be like El Kabong, only with a Fender P Bass instead of an acoustic dreadnought.
  12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    About a month ago I came out of Best Buy to find a vehicle parked about 4" from my driver's side door (I was parked in the center of my space). This was early inthe day and there were plenty of other spaces around but I guess this jag-off wanted to be as close as possible to the building, He/she had to walk past my car to go into the store.

I had the hardtop on my Miata and there's not enough room to climb across the console. I went back inside BB, got them to ask over their pa system the owner of the vehicle to move it. Nobody ever came. I ended up going back outside, putting the window down and pushing it uphill out of the parking space.

It's not always envy, folks.

A short while ago someone in a raggedy work truck decided to park ON the back bumper of my Element. His truck was parked before I had gotten there, I had unloaded my gear and when I came out the driver had actually pulled up onto my bumper, scratching it and the rear panel. I have no idea why.

I didn't do anything to either of these jackasses' vehicles but I can understand why someone might.

Not saying Mike did something this stupid or deserved it.
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    My uncle restore classic cars and trucks. He lives not too far from you. If you need some help getting your truck fixed, let me know.

14. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Some bonehead keyed my Jeep, when it was in a corporate parking lot a few months back. I guess I parked too close, or something - not that the parking spaces were very big over there. :)

But, I take a practical view to that kind of thing, which is, that bottom line, the purpose of my car is to get me from point A to point B, and it's nice to have a "status symbol" and all that, but when it comes right down to it, a keychain isn't going to affect the ability to get around.

I don't mean to make light of the situation, certainly not, it's a criminal act that deserves to be punished, and I can certainly relate to the level of anger in cases like that.

But, there are "many" solutions.

Let's see, here's a few:

15. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Yea, but you probably don't get snow in the winter where you live, so your roads don't get salted. Since your roads don't get salted, the exposed metal on your car doesn't corrode and rust away. For people living where there's 4 distinct seasons, having a car keyed will just let the body rot in. It won't happen instantly but after a couple years the rust will really start to spread. So fixing the paint job will definitely increase the car's longevity.

On a slightly different note, the other day my wife noticed a car that had had "F*** you B**CH" spray painted in huge white letters across the passenger side. Not just the metal area of the doors either, the letters covered the glass as well.
  16. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Paint removal on glass is very easy.
  17. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I called on big retail accounts for years, parking in Wal-Mart parking lots, etc.,I finally gave up on having a vehicle with a "good" finish. Sorry Mike, I guess you'll just have to buy a Porsche for a "date" car and have the Valets park it.
  18. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I guess I wasn't clear, the paint job covered the entire passenger side of the car including both metal and glass.
  19. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    people in chicago parking garages are the worse. going up to rush hospital every other day i would always see some ******* taking up 2 parking spaces or parking where there wasn't even a space.

both i and my brother were victims of hit and run in that parking garage, one person hit the back of his truck leaving the tail light smashed and another person hit my side door on my van making it harder to close. my mother who had parked in a handicap space (legitimately) had someone literally park all the way against her driver side and then leave a note on her windshield saying "Sorry" with a big smiley face. and there was supposed to be an extra two feet on each side of every handicap space!

too many assholes and idiots.
  20. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    You were clear... and glass is an easy surface from which to remove paint.