Damnit, and it's on the tip of my toungue.......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Obsolex, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I used to know this, but for some dumb reason, forgot. What does a horn and tweeter do, and what are they??
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Speakers for high frequencies, usually > 4 kHz
  3. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    What does it do?? Like, compared if it's all the way up, or off...??
  4. crank it up = sound gets tinny.
    turn it off = sound gets muddy.
  5. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    What does a horn and tweeter do, and what are they??
    It's the little round thing in the upper right corner of your SWR. It is responsible for making trebley sounds. Rock On!
  6. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    I believe that a 'tweeter' is a term describing a type of speaker for high frequencies, the element itself. A 'horn' refers to the dispersion device mounted on the front of some high frequency drivers.
  7. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    So it would probably sound good around the middle then, right????????????????
  8. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    It depends on what YOU like and what sounds good with your bass and your amp. If it sounded "good" in only one position there wouldn't be a tweeter control...
  9. Yeah, upon further inspection of a live mudvayne video, I don't like Ryan's tone, because he mics his tweeter, and I bet it is on all the way.
  10. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Are you sure he mics his tweeter? I find that odd, because his tone isn't very clicky. The only other person I can think of who generally mics his tweeter is Fieldy, and they have completely different sounds. I think that's how Fieldy gets his signature klankity-klank 'tone', but to my ears, Ryan's tone seems very midrangy with the highs rolled off a bit.

And theshaz92, I'm not exactly sure what you were implying in your post, but I personally don't think it should matter what the musician does to get their tone as long as it sounds good. :)

How did I get so off-topic? :D
  11. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    If the tweeter all the way up makes it trebly, then doesn't f*$&l* just play through a tweeter :p