Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Damnit, there goes my night..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by popinfresh, Apr 18, 2005.

1. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    So... sitting in here with my A3 notebook/pad thing drawing out my bas designs to scale for woodwork. A whole 3 nights work. After just finishing a bitch of a re-worked Thunderbird design, i decide to go get some jelly crystals and a glass of cold water.

Upon pouring the water into the glass, I notice that the container/jug has a little bit of grungey crap on the bottom. So I fill up my glass and pour the rest of the nice cold water from the fridge down the sink, leaving the jug for cleaning later.

I grab the crystals from the pantry and come back to the study with my water.. I decide to pour a bit of the crystals into the glass for flavour. So i do, and let them sit for a moment. I eat some raw jelly and after getting thirsty take a nice gulp of the jelly-ish water. Just as I put it down (A little to the right of my work) my mobile starts ringing to the left of me. Foolishly I move my hand across, knock of the red liquid from the almost full glass (A big one too) all over my sketchbook.. Soaking 3 nights of calculations and work a night wet pinky colour.

Pissed off, I go grab a towel, dry the book, surounding papers and envelopes (Including cheques) and the rest of the test (And the carpet).

So know i'm sitting here, with a ruined sketchbook (Papers gone all funny, plus it's pink, teacher won't accept it, at least it smells good) a few damp cheques of dads and three nights down the poop. The work is due tomorow as well.

Whats worse.. Theres no damn cold water left, and I just ate the rest of the crystals.

So.. Share.. Tales of spillage and wreckage upon your study desk or working area.

2. one time, i spilled a coke.

Nothing happened :meh:

3. once i tipped a bowl of cereal off the kitchen bench and it landed on my little sisters head and it stayed on her head, except for the milk milo and milo cereal :D

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    why this very morning my cat woke me after 4 hours sleep to tell me pesistently that he's hungry. half asleep i go into the kitchen, fill his bowl, step on something plastic on the floor that really hurts, grab onto the counter (only it was a big glass bowl), send it flying, and wind up in the very wee hours of the morning having to clean up aproximately 8 gazillion little slivers of glass.

I hate when that happpens.

Your story sucks more, but mine sucks sufficiently.

5. Friend spilled mountain dew onto my bro's laptop keyboard, the keys are still sticky apparently.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I hope you bought the extended warranty on that sketchpad.

brad cook

7. Dude, sorry to hear, but I wanna know what the hell these jelly crystals are.

8. spyingcracker

spyingcracker

May 27, 2004
    +1 Street name for some drug? :ninja:

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Yea, we here in the States don't have "jelly cristals". Most of us are still trying to figure out vegemite!

What are jelly crystals, then?

10. Thats not Mountain Dew...

Before I tell my story, you have to understand the relationship between me and my brother. We do crazy things to each other (most of them causing pain). We both know each other are joking and laugh at it.

So, one day I'm upstairs and my brother went downtstairs to get something to drink (I don't know he went to get something to drink). I grab this hollow rubber ball about 1.5 times the size of a tennis ball and hide at the top of the stairs where he can't see me. I hear him coming up the stairs, my anticipation growing all the time. Finally, I turn around the corner and jet this little ball straight at him. As I see this ball travel through the air, I also see the huge cup of tea he has in his hands. Of course, the ball nails the tea cup in an explosion of liquid all over the stairs, walls, and him. I laugh my freaking head off and go hide in my room cause I knew he was gonna beat me, while he cleans it up, and keeps telling me to "Come out, I'm not gonna do anything to you..." Yeah right. :cool:

By the way, this was a couple years ago.

11. jelly crystals are what you mix with water to make jelly, or jello....you know...aeroplane jelly....

we dont even know what vegemite is :eyebrow:

we better not send a koala and kangaroo over there then :smug: :D :ninja:

12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    there goes my night... i have to poop AGAIN.

13. How about waking up to the sound of my girlfriend's cat clinging onto the headstock of my bass as it falls over onto the ground. Yeah that sucked. But then again so does my bass and there was no damage so no biggie.

14. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Yeah, jelly crystals is like the jelly (Or jello, as you funny people in the US call jam jelly =/ ) before you mix it with water... Tastes damn good, sept it's pretty much just sugar and flavour.. i think.

It makes a sticky mess :p.

Now me and my g/f are fighting.. Not a fun day.

15. We funny Americans don't call jam jelly, exactly. From what I hear, they are made differently.

16. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Pft, same horse, different jockey :)

17. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    "Hold this, Father."
    "Rabbi."
    "Whatever."

"Your Majesty, here's your knife."
    "Sword."
    "Whatever."

18. now this is a knife.....
    no its not, thats a spoon
    oh i see you've played knifey spooney before

you also mix jelly crystals with bicarb soda to make sherbert...."orange, sherbert"

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

He did buy the extended warranty. However, it does not cover the contents stored on the sketchpad, only the hardware.

20. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    123. :(

I got most of the work done again though :)