1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dan Electro "Cool Cats"

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by solutionbassist, Apr 19, 2010.

1. solutionbassist

solutionbassist

Apr 19, 2010
    What do you think? Heard they r great. Havent used one.:confused:

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I've had a danelectro fab chorus pedal and it sounds amazing on bass. this pedal gives my bass a smooth, retro-futuristic chorus sounds. I'm pretty sure that the danelectro cool cat chorus pedal(the new one) can give you the same awesome sound. these chorus pedals has a mix control, which is what makes these pedals useful on bass. also they're affordable. I definitely recommend these pedals. If you're planning on buy one of those pedals, I'd say go for it.

3. solutionbassist

solutionbassist

Apr 19, 2010
    Thanks for the help. any experience with any other cool cats?

4. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    The Cool Cats are notorious on the internet because Danelectro stole the designs for them from small-time boutique pedals. We don't need to go into the whole "ethics of cloning" thing again, but I do think it's a little bunk when a big corporation steals from the little guy, instead of the usual other way around.

5. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Digital Brand Development and Product Development at GHS Strings
    I had one of the old 18v Cool Cat chorus pedals years ago. It was great; nice, clear and lush. Not hugely overwhelming, it retained a lot of the bass character.

6. solutionbassist

solutionbassist

Apr 19, 2010
    r they all 18v? im not real experienced with powering two different types of battery powerd effects? would i need a seperate adaptor?

7. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    The new danelectro cool cat chorus pedal is a 9-volt pedal.

8. I recently added the Cool Cat Tremolo to my board, and it's a great little box. It's quiet, has some solid, workable sounds, and built like a tank. I'm planning on trying out the Transparent Overdrive this weekend.

9. dune2k

dune2k

Sep 26, 2009
    Germany
    That's why some of them are now available in a V2 version with a changed design...

10. I gotta say,every Dano pedal I've tried sounded good..I have 2 of the mini series pedals, chili dog (-1 &-2 octave) and a french toast(upper oct.+fuzz) which are at the low end of the price scale @ $15.00 and they even sound good,although the french toast is a tad noisey but, its a brutally high gain fuzz..The chilidog tracks as good as any OC2 I've ever used..I used to run these in the fx loop of my q-tron+ for quasi-synth sounds,and they worked great

11. solutionbassist

solutionbassist

Apr 19, 2010
    Thanks for the help. Do they have a delay? I got a super fast solo on the set list and I need a delay to play it right. The one ive got is crummy.