Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dan, Epi or someting else?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Jan 16, 2001.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Should I get a Danelectro Longhorn or an Epiphone Viola as my second bass. I allready have a Precision that I love but I want something to play with. I like both but can only buy one. Any other basses I should consider?

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes, I tend to like retrosounds. But I´d like something that can do something the Precision cant in the danelectro/Epiphone pricerange.
    I´m not sure what I want myself so I was hoping for suggestions of what to try.

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Well, if you're looking for he real deal, I saw some vintage on eBay this morning in the $200 neighborhood.

5. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    i'd say go for the epi....

the danos are really really cheaply made...the material is PLYWOOD for crying out loud!!

6. I would go for the epi just because of the warmth and more vintage tone it gives.

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Get the Epi. Surprisingly good instrument for the money.

8. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I'll join in on the Epi vote. I'm not real thrilled with most of the reissues of Gibson in the Epi line, but they did a really nice job of both the viola shaped bodies - Viola Bass and EB-1. The Danelectro is cool (got one for my son), but I think the Epi will prove the better choice over time.