Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dan Lakin Featured in Forbes Magazine

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by paul, Jul 1, 2004.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    From Forbes.com:

"It's been a bumpy ten-year road trip since Lakin, 40, launched Lakland Basses with $20,000 from a home equity loan. Partner Hugh McFarland, a guitar repairman, designed a model that borrowed elements from classic basses--and drew a cease-and-desist order from Fender Musical Instruments for trademark infringement."

2. Dan and the gang are great guys and make super basses. I've owned six and still have two. They were all above exceptional. I absolutley love my USA Joe Osborn! I've played several Skylines at the shop (lucky me I live near Chicago) and they are also exceptional and the price is very affordable. I wish they would have been around when I was younger and had limited funds. Rock On Dan! You are the Man!

LOL to Carl, John and the gang too!

3. I currently play a U.S.A. Bob Glaub P-Bass model. This is THE bass guitar to play. It was a good six-month wait for it to be made in Chicago, but well worth the wait. Nothing has been spared... Lindy Fralin pickup, Hipshot tuners, the neck is the best playing action, most comfortable feel ever. If you are going to buy one bass to play for the rest of your life, I highly recommend a U.S.A. Lakland! Bruno2112