1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dan Lakin Has Something Up His Sleeve....and it's NOT a Bass!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Shadi, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Shadi

Shadi Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Carbondale, IL
    In the past year or so D. Lakin Basses kind of fell off the map and frankly so did Dan. In an effort to restore his health, he took some time off. He wants to go back to basses but is all about doing amps too....He wants them to be all tube, 100/300 watt head and cab systems....thoughts???

Lakin Amp.

2. If it sounds great, then it will be great!

Gotta say though That The 410 is a pretty tired old design now.

rodl2005 likes this.
  3. quickervicar

quickervicar Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    How do you know it isn't a 1x25? :thumbsdown:

georgiagoodie, Slater and rodl2005 like this.
  4. You got me there.

5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    In both the 100W and 300W tube amp brackets there are a plethora of existing designs that are deeply entrenched in the psyches of bass players. You would have to go a long way to outclass the SVT and V4 amplifiers. I hope Dan is successful in his foray into amplifier manufacture, and I certainly hope his health problems are behind him. It’s no use running a successful company if you don’t have the health to enjoy it. I do like the white tolex but I fear it could be easily marred.

Jim C and quickervicar like this.
  6. It seems like he's having some real issues getting any products out the door. I wish him success but it really isn't worth thinking about until he's much further along in the process.

7. Are they still making basses?