1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dance Songs - Input Appreciated

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blister, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Blister

Blister

Mar 5, 2008
    Just looking for some suggestions for good dance songs to add to our sets - We're looking to do some new covers for our New Years show - I play with my fingers and no pick - I don't like to slap/pop or tap alot though - Be interesting to hear some ideas that I could listen to on youtube or whatnot

2. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    Livin Lovin Maid for an oldies crowd.

Dance Dance for a newies croud.

Stairway to Heaven for a slow song.

All this is IMO.

3. sheikbass

sheikbass

Sep 13, 2008
    At out gigs, these songs usually get a crowd that wants to dance out on the floor:

What I Like About You - Romantics
    You Wreck Me - Petty
    Suffragette City - Bowie
    Taking Care of Business - BTO

4. Thunderthumbs73

Thunderthumbs73

May 5, 2008
    Just google "wedding bands" or something like that and check out a set list. Or event bands is another good term. Again, check set lists.

5. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    bus stop

6. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    the dancing depends on the music are you country, rock? are you young or old like me?some songs are timeless.The guy that mentioned google wedding songs was right.I gulp..have to DJ sometimes(I am a bassist first) to keep the PA working and what I dj I never played in a band Macarena Electric Slide YMCA these songs are always favorites yet I never played them in a band.Then you get chubby drunk 40 somethings who dance to anything from the 70's I would see what is being performed in local dance clubs.I always have a plot.Remember music is regional and what might work here in Connecticut wont work in Nashville and what works in Nashville might not work in NY or LA

7. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Shout - The Isley Brothers
    Twist & Shout - Isleys/Beatles