Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dance songs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RicPlaya, Sep 30, 2003.

1. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Hope in posting in the correct area here. Looking for suggestions for Dance covers that are somewhat newer, within 5 years. I needs current song suggestions that will get the girls up to dance....any ideas?

2. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    "Who let the dogs out" :bag:

Just kidding, that song needs to become extinct! ;)

3. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Cut it out Turski! LOL

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Maybe that Mortal Kombat song.. Twilight Zone unlimited or osmething, maybe twilight unleashed, or twilight zone unleashed, or twilight unlimited.......

5. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Booooooooo

6. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Venga Boys!

I'm joking about that but if you do play some venga boys the girls will definitely dance to it. But that would mean you are playing Venga Boys.

More seriously, Republica's "Ready To Go (U.S. Mix)" is a great dance song and it's already arranged for a rock and roll type band (i.e. guitar, bass, drums).

7. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    The maccarana, The timewarp, agadoo, classics in their own right.

:bassist:

8. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    As embarassed as I am to ever admit liking something that the teeming masses liked, Santana's big hit from four or five years back, 'Smooth' is not terrible to play and the crowds still get up to dance to it. STILL! After all this time.:confused:

From around that time I was forced to learn 'Livin' La Vida Loca' as well.:eek: People danced to that one too but it was not nearly as fun to play.:bawl:

9. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Republica: Ready to Go

rockin' check out the guitar version, maybe need a female singer, but ROCKIN'!!!

10. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    How about "Rock your body" Justin timberlakes version?

If that don't get the ladies moving nothing will!!

11. My side project recently covered Bloodhound Gang's pseudo-dance-rock song "The Bad Touch" at a house party (you know the song..."you and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel!"); it was a huge hit. Granted it was a bunch of drunks, but everybody went wild; they absolutely loved it. Pretty fun song, and it has two bass solos/extended riffs...it was even cooler because I got to sing lead for once :eek: I really got into that frontman role, extended the ending by a couple minutes and even had a few audience members come up to the mic and sing a chorus...good times :cool:

12. herrera

herrera

Feb 15, 2002
    "dont call me baby"

"lady" from modjo

"fire up" from bustha

"talking all that jazz" dimitri from paris