1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

danceable songs with Elvis like singer

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by bhunt1, Nov 21, 2010.

1. bhunt1

bhunt1 Vintage Lefty Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Older than dirt ;)
    Our band has an Elvis like singer, he's very good but can't do the high pitched vocals. We want more danceable stuff in our list, but many of the classic rock dance songs are not in his range. So far, other than four Elvis songs we already do (don't really want more Elvis or we're more like a tribute band I guess), these are the songs we do that are danceable - at least they were dancing to these last night:
    Get Ready
    Mony Mony
    What I like about you
    867-5309 Jenny
    She's a Lady
    Hurts So good
    Wrap it Up
    Vehicle
    Secret Agent Man
    I was thinking some country stuff might be good - Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy or Honky Tonk Badonkadonk. Anyone got some suggestions for Elvis friendly dance songs?

2. EddiePlaysBass

EddiePlaysBass

Feb 26, 2009
    Belgium
    Check out Jim "The King" Brown for some ideas. Oh and whether or not your audience will dance, is not solely attributable to the vocal range of your singer ...