Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

danelecrto rumor............................

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basserman44, Jul 26, 2001.

1. has anyone played one of these? they're pretty cheap and look interesting. i plan on playin one this weekend some time. i was thinking about dropping a basslines quarter pounder in there. do you think that would give me good punk/p-bass tone? or would the bass bring the pickup down a bit?

thanks

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Pretty cool bass. Definitely has it's own vibe. I'd check it out thoroughly before dropping the Duncan in though. The stock pickup is part of the coolness factor. I didn't really hear anything I'd want to change, but then again, that's just me...

-robert

3. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    I've never played one but Fat Mike from NOFX had one at warped a while back.. he said he had to use it because his back was hurting and they're really light. He didn't like the way it sounded though.

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Falsehood-i thought Fat MIke didn't play the Rumor Bass-i thought he played one with lipstick p/us in it [in the current bass player he does]. Back to the topic-the rumor bass looks like it has the makings of a nice bass. I haven't played one though. thats all

edit: Just checked the Dano site-Fat Mike Uses a DC bass.

5. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    ya i was wrong he played a hoodad... if that's how you spell it... sorry for the mistake

6. If that's the one with the built in chorus and P-Bass pickup, it was horrible in my opinion.