1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Danelectro Baritone (Dead on '67)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Simo98, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Hey guys.

Im looking at getting one of these cool little things, a Danelectro baritone guitar, looks like it could be some fun.

Im planning on buying it from the states, as they are very difficult and expensive to get here, A friend is also getting the guitar version so we will save on the shipping too :D

I have a couple of questions, does anyone have one of these? How do you find it? Im pretty dead set on getting one, even though i haven't had a chance to actually try one first. Any reviews would be cool, ill hopefully post one when I get mine.

Another question to baritone players in general, what strings do you use. Obviously its a shorter scale, and I have no experience with anything smaller than a 34". Do you need special strings, or will any standard gauge 6 string set work? What do you use?

Ill probably order some spares at the same time as they will likely be almost impossible to get at the local music store, and probably stupidly expensive (for the cheapest set of flatwounds they have... $120 o_O)

Thanks in advance for the info guys. :D

2. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Or not.. :p

3. JaySwear

JaySwear

Apr 15, 2010
    Gaithersburg, MD
    can't help with a review, but i think the strings will most likely be 13's or so. i think the longer the scale length the better the string tension for smaller strings. (9's on a 25.5" scale guitar might feel like 11's on a 24.75" scale guitar). i've seen a few string packs for baritones at 14 too. guess it depends on how you'd like to tune it