1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Danelectro bridge differences? (NBD!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ATLbassist, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Hi, all -

This weekend I traded my Danelectro Dead On '58 Longhorn for a late 90s / early 2000s Longhorn Pro. I never warmed to the copperburst as much as I'd hoped, and really like the pearlburst / blackburst of this one. The neck seems chunkier - great for my large hands - and it overall just feels more solid.

This bass has the adjustable bridge, but it's sagging in the middle. I'm thinking of straightening it out or finding a replacement. I've also heard that the wood-stick bridge provides a rounder, deeper tone. I had the Dead On strung with Chromes and replaced the bridge with an adjustable version. Great tone, but I want to see if I can pull a little more low end out of this one.

So here is my question: Has anyone compared the tones of a saddle vs. stick bridge? I've looked at some old threads, but nothing conclusive yet. Comments welcome!

Another oddity: I thought the Pro models had Gotoh tuners, but the ones on here look like the Hipshot Ultralites I put on my Casady a couple of years ago. Neat.