Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Danelectro DA-2 18V "Zero Hum©"Adapter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jondog, Mar 2, 2003.

1. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Does anybody have one of these adapters? What is the output mA? My 18v TE adapter died and its discontinued so I'd like to see if the Danelectro will work for me. Thanks!

2. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    In case anybody was wondering, the Danelectro 18v adapter will drive my Trace pedal, but the ends were different sizes so I had to splice the end off of my dead TE adapter onto the new Dano.

3. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    OK, I asked the same question I asked you guys of the tech support people at a few online music retailers. Here's my question.

>DA-2 18V "Zero Hum?"Adapter

>Hi, what are the specs on the DA-2 adapter, >especially output mA? Thanks, Jon

Here's the lame response I got from wwbw.com

>Dear Customer,
    >Hello, the DA2 can handle any ampage up to >18volts. As far as the specs go for that item, if >you go to www.danelectro.com you can get a >schematic of that particular item.

>If you should have any other questions or >concerns please feel free to call or email us.

And here's my grumpy reply

Dear Service Personel,

That's a poor answer. Ampage isn't even a word. mA stands for miliamps, and I'm pretty sure they are a measurement of *current*. You gave me the voltage. Thanks a bunch, the voltage was already in the title of my question. I think the "up to" part of your response is wrong too. It puts out 18v, no more, no less. Moreover, I've been to danelectro.com, there are no schematics for their power supplies, or anything else for that matter. I did not ask for anything as detailed as a schematic, all I asked for was a single spec. These numbers are printed right on the unit. The picture on your site (and Danelectro's) is too small so I cannot read them.

In the future, if you do not know the answer to a question, do not make up an answer. If you enjoy making things up, pursue a career in fiction. If you want to pursue a career in tech support, get up off your lazy butt and read the #s on the adapter.

I will now shop at Musician's Friend.