Danelectro DC Bass or Epiphone Thunderbird Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jazzman64, May 10, 2021.

1. They are big basses, but my Epiphone Tbird Vintage Pro weighs about 8lbs, 10 oz. How much does that your Les Paul weigh?

Hurricane Jimmie likes this.
  2. Iristone

Iristone

Jul 8, 2017
    Beijing
    I'd guess the Bird would be more versatile as a main bass due to its longer scale length (that is, if you like its ergonomics, which I happen to do). If it's intended as a "niche" bass for a specific tone, I guess you couldn't really go wrong with either. :thumbsup:

KaraQ likes this.
  3. Blackhawks55

Blackhawks55

Jul 21, 2013
    My vote is for the Dano 59' DC. Incredibly versatile, super thin neck and it plays like a dream. Check out my demo of it. ^

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  4. JeezyMcNuggles

JeezyMcNuggles

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    I suck, but nobody really notices
    Electro all day

Fat Mike...nuff sed

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  5. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I've been a Dano fan since the '60s and I still play my early '60s Dano Silvertone Model 1444.

I've tried various T-Birds over the decades but I never could get used to the ergonomics.

6. dangevans

dangevans

Mar 26, 2014
    I love Dano's, but my gut says get the T-Bird- very fun basses, and a very big sound.

7. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    Very different basses. Own a Longhorn, have played the occasional Thunderbird.
    Voicing and ergonomics, I would say the T-bird might lend itself towards a "captain of the ship" feeling (like a Precision), where the DC bass might encourage faster, exploring and more "playful" approaches. At least, that is how I feel when I grab basses like these.

My MIK Longhorn has been fantastic in the 13 (?) years I have owned it, and newer Epis get very good reviews as well.

8. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Syracuse Ut
    The Epiphone Embassy is basically a Thunderbird in a body that's easier to get along with, and cheaper as well

9. Hurricane Jimmie

Hurricane Jimmie Supporting Member

The Les Paul weighs enough to alter gravity.

Engle and EatS1stBassist like this.
  10. That’s a really sweet bass though!

Hurricane Jimmie likes this.
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021