1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Danelectro DC Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by haxality, Mar 28, 2006.

1. haxality

haxality

Feb 14, 2006
    I've searched the forum, but to no avail. Does anyone have this odd number? I've been contemplating buying one, and I want to know if any TBers have anything to say about it. Thanks!

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
  3. haxality

haxality

Feb 14, 2006
    Sorry about that, I somehow missed that one. Thanks for the link.

4. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    If you're talking about the newer 34" scale Danno DC's. They're pretty cool for the money. Played a few but ended up with a Jerry Jones Longhorn 4 instead. I wouldn't mind a re-issue DC though. Played a few and I kind of like 'em.

5. Billy-Bob

Billy-Bob

Nov 4, 2005
    So Cal
    I just bought one recently, put some chrome flats on it, and absolutely love it. If you have a line on one for a reasonable price, buy it.

Billy-Bob

6. Does anybody knows the model of that bass?

5fb67d14.

7. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    I think they just call those the DC bass as in double cutaway. The other Re issue Danno is called the Long Horn. I'm pretty sure those are the only 2 Masonite basses they re issued. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

8. haxality

haxality

Feb 14, 2006
    No, you're right. I think I'm gonna go through with it, also. It seems like it's a dang good value. I'll post some pics and my opinion when and if I eventually get it. Consider this thread dead now :p