Danelectro Effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by anotherbassist, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Hey
    Im looking for some cheap effects to spice up my sound, do any of these work for bass and sound good?

Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ Pedal
    french fries autowah
    pb&j delay
    pepperoni phaser
    hash browns flanger
    Corned Beef Reverb
    surf and turf compressor
    blt slap echo
    Chili Dog - Octave

2. wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    The only one of them I've had any experience of was the Corned Beef Reverb, which was pretty nasty. It's more of a slap-back delay sound than a proper reverb, and had a habit of self-oscillating into a wall of hiss when I played bass through it.

I've heard good reports of some Danelectro pedals, and bad reports for others, so I'd definitely try them out before buying.
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    the compressor is great for bass or guitar. Nice for smoothing out a bass sound.
  4. Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    I have the flanger and the compressor. The flanger is actually pretty cool. The compressor works, but is too noisey for my taste.

I would ship both to you for $30.00 if your in the states.

I have had, and hated the Milkshake chorus. (The full sized Cool Cat is much better)

I have heard really good things about the Fish & Chips EQ and the PB&J Delay but have never tried them.
  5. Sorry Mattski but i usually would want to try out used stuff before i buy it, but can you or anybody else post some sound samples of these pedals, i would really appreciate it
  6. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    anybody try the sitar swami, reverse delay, or the new talkbox?
  7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Hey Mattski, would you consider shipping flanger that to Canada?
  8. Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Honestly, atleast in this area, the Dan-O pedals flooded the market and there were shops selling them for around $10 each. I figure like most pedals in that price range it's hit and miss. At that price, if effects are your thing, it's worth a try I reckon.

For what it's worth I have a friend that says he wouldn't use their pedals even if they were holding his dog hostage.... and he loves that dog.
  9. suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    I've tried the T-bone distortion, and the Milkshake chorus, and hated both of them, sold them both on within a month.

The main problem I found with them was that they could only produce a very small range of sounds, not very tweakable at all.

This annoyed me most with the distortion pedal, I found that setting the distortion knob anywhere between 0% and 70% of its range had very little effect, and would go up in huge leaps for the last 30% or so.

Can't speak for any of the other pedals though, but if I could get hold of them for $10 each I'm sure I'd give them a bit more of a go :)
  10. Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002

I have the AutoWah - French Fries.

It's a good, clean and simple effect, that does what it's surposed to do.

I like it :D
  11. can you post a sound clip of it?
  12. Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002

Well I haven't got any equipment to make a Hi Class recording of the sound, but I'll see what I can do.