1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Danelectro effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Paul A, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hi,
    Anyone tried any of the cheap Danelectro effects?
    I bought the "pastrami" overdrive to add a little grit to my slide g**tar playing.
    I was surprised to find how good it sounds with my USA P bass - doesn't seem to thin it out much.
    I paid £29 for it ('bout 40 dollars?).
    I've seen them advertised for 19 dollars on the web!
    Gotta be a bargain!
    :D

2. Heheheh..

I used to have a cheap 'o danelectro distortion pedal for my 7-stringer.. but during the first gig i kicked the pedal strait to it's death.. it was smashed into 2 large pieces.. :)

ever since that day i am loyal to Boss with metal housings :) allthough the bassballs does survive my feet too...

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    i've got the black coffee metal distortion and milk shake chorus. The chorus i like for a kinda cheesy wave effect while the metal distortion i'd sell if i could get a worthwhile price on it.[thins way to much] thats all

4. they seem to do pretty well on guitat, atleast for their price. For bass on the other hand...

5. On Bass, Danelectro Effects sound like "Whoosh"...
    A sucking sound as your tone gets flushed down the toilet... However, the Daddy-O is an exception.