Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Danelectro effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Paul A, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hi,
    Anyone tried any of the cheap Danelectro effects?
    I bought the "pastrami" overdrive to add a little grit to my slide g**tar playing.
    I was surprised to find how good it sounds with my USA P bass - doesn't seem to thin it out much.
    I paid £29 for it ('bout 40 dollars?).
    I've seen them advertised for 19 dollars on the web!
    Gotta be a bargain!
    :D

2. Heheheh..

I used to have a cheap 'o danelectro distortion pedal for my 7-stringer.. but during the first gig i kicked the pedal strait to it's death.. it was smashed into 2 large pieces.. :)

ever since that day i am loyal to Boss with metal housings :) allthough the bassballs does survive my feet too...

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    i've got the black coffee metal distortion and milk shake chorus. The chorus i like for a kinda cheesy wave effect while the metal distortion i'd sell if i could get a worthwhile price on it.[thins way to much] thats all

4. they seem to do pretty well on guitat, atleast for their price. For bass on the other hand...

5. On Bass, Danelectro Effects sound like "Whoosh"...
    A sucking sound as your tone gets flushed down the toilet... However, the Daddy-O is an exception.