Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Danelectro Fab Overdrive?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_drum, Aug 9, 2005.

1. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Hey guys! I'm looking for an overdrive/distortoin pedal that isnt really expensive. A store here has one for 30 dollars canadian. I like the sound of it, but am not to sure if its good enough quality. Any info you have/any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    ~JB~

2. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    If it is the FabTone in the large metal chassis, they are very durable and sound great. Never tried one with a bass though.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Worst case scenario is that the switch fails or case breaks. If it does, you can probably have a new switch installed and/or rehoused fairly inexpensively. If you like the sound, go for it.

4. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, Source Audio, Hipshot
    I used to use a FabTone for my primary distortion... it sounded good at first, but the volume knob must've been jacked up. There was a certain point that just before, it was really quiet, and right after was blaringly loud, with no middle of the road setting. That's waht killed it for me. Otherwise, it sounded crazy-good.