1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Danelectro Fab Pedals coming in today

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Blankwall, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Blankwall

Blankwall

Jul 3, 2006
    My danelectro fab pedals come in today. I got a flange overdrive and chorus. Im dont really like chorus but i guess ill see what happens. Im pumped. Ill try to put up sound clips soon.

2. Beej

Beej

Feb 10, 2007
    Victoria, BC
    I received two Danelectro Fab pedals for Father's Day this year, an Overdrive and a Flanger.

I was pleasantly surprised that neither of them sucked high or low tones or added any noise to the signal chain. They are both dead quiet and did not introduce any hum, static or distortion (outside of what they are supposed to do).

The construction is solid and despite being plastic, they are heavy and seem durable. I've got some old pedals from the 80's that I've pounded the bejeezus out of and they are still kicking, so I'm not too concerned about their plastic bodies.

The flanger is clean and provides just enough modulation for my needs without any extra noise or wacky feedback effects.

The overdrive is smooth and works equally well with bass as with guitar. Its tonally quite flexible, although I find the tone setting is best when its flat.

I'm very impressed by these uber-cheap and accessible pedals. I'm going to look at a few more now. Its funny, I never would have tried one out let alone bought one if they hadn't been given to me as a gift and I would have been missing out...

3. I have a chorus and an overdrive - got 'em each for $15 apiece on goingTODAY dot com. They really sound nice for what they are - I bet you get lots of use out of them. :)

4. LzeroKI

LzeroKI

Dec 24, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    Id love to hear clips of the dano OD

5. KsToaDangr

KsToaDangr Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    From the resident Dano junkie...I picked up the Fab Echo and the Fab Chorus about a year ago. The Chorus was to replace my Milkshake chorus that had broken, and the Echo I got really cheap($10 including shipping). The chorus pedal isn't quite as versatile as the milkshake was, but it works perfectly fine for me(at least until I get my Cool Cat in the mail this week). The Echo I liked enough that I've added it in to 3 or 4 songs that I felt needed a slight bit more flavor.

6. I wonder how the FAB distortion would sound for bass...?

7. Beej

Beej

Feb 10, 2007
    Victoria, BC
    The Fab Overdrive has three knobs: Level, Tone, O.D. (overdrive)

I ran it in through the effects loop and patched the line out to my computer mic input so it sounds like crap. Jazz bass with series pickups and treble maxed.

This is the order of what I recorded:
    1. Clean: Pedal off
    2. Level: ½; Tone: Centered; Overdrive: Low
    3. Level: ½; Tone: Centered; O.D.: Full
    4. Level: 90%; Tone: Centered; O.D.: Mid
    5. Level: ½; Tone: Bass; O.D.: Low
    6. Level: ½; Tone: Treble; O.D.: Low
    7. Level: 90%; Tone: Centered; O.D.: Full

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=1p7xwo&s=3

8. At the very least they're great effect-tester pedals. I wasn't sure if I'd ever actually use a chorus pedal, so I got my FAB chorus for $16 shipped (brand new) on the 'bay...sounds good but turns out I almost never need a chorus effect, so I keep it on the board for "once in awhile" use without feeling bad about paying big dollars for it.

9. I've got the FAB Chorus on my board, and I think it sounds really nice. I use it pretty often.

10. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    This is so subjective. I love the FAB tone pedal. I tried the Fulltone etc. and the FAB got my purchase. I like a real distorted guitarist tone. I used it to great effect on two cuts on a CD and live with that group. When I blend it with a clean signal it's amazing. Full bass lows and the FAB. Who knew it would rock my world. The Fulltone was way too subtle. My guitarist thought I had taken lessons from Jeff Beck. His mouth was actually open after hearing me nail the pocket for so many years. FAB.