Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Danelectro fab tone.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 321jay, Sep 14, 2000.

1. 321jay

321jay

Sep 13, 2000
    Would the danelectro fab tone pedal get the same sound distortion on bass as cliff burton had??

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hi!
    Obviously not! They weren't in production yet when he was still alive (may he rest in peace)...Also Cliff was unique, everybody is, for that matter...Check it out, and if you like it and/or it points your sound in the direction you desire...use it! But no gear in the world can make you sound or play like somebody else...

3. 321jay

321jay

Sep 13, 2000
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Don't get me wrong - I think Danelectro's effects are great - I own their Cool Cat Stereo Chorus pedal and I love it! The Fab Tone is a great distortion pedal from what I've heard, and you probably can get some good bass distortion sounds out of it - I just wanted to say that you shouldn't expect to much...getting a good/perfect distortion sound with a bass is almost like rocket science....

5. Erich Zann

Erich Zann

Aug 14, 2000
    I own it and love it. It's exactly what I want in a distortion pedal. But, It dosent sound exactly like Cliff. I believe cliff was just overdriving a Mesa amp, with a morley wah.