Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

danelectro french fries

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thesmallprint, Jan 22, 2005.

1. thesmallprint

thesmallprint

Jan 4, 2005
    im thinking of getting this to go with the pedals ive alreday got - big muff pi rusky(black one) and a guyatone "the fuzz". i would like to reproduce sounds like the album version of muse's plug in baby which i am pretty sure uses an auto wah effect. what are your thoughts, will it work fine on bass?

cheers

2. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Hi,

I use DanElectro's French Fries with great joy.
    It's mainly used for the funky parts and it has a simple, yet effective mode of adjustment.

Pro's
    Cool Sound
    Few Settings - simple use
    Low Cost

I would advice you to combine the French Fries with a booster/EQ. It seems to take a bit of the low end of.

Go Go - buy it.

See all of my gear here:
    http://www.badboysofboogie.dk/bandet_henrik.asp

Please let me know if you buy it.
    - Come on join the club :D

3. thesmallprint

thesmallprint

Jan 4, 2005
    thanks, yeh i think i might get it though im not sure if you can get them in australia so ill look on ebay. do you hav to use pick? and does it track well with distortion?

4. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    You got PM'ed :D

5. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Yes, too much for me.

6. thesmallprint

thesmallprint

Jan 4, 2005
    hey instead of the french fries i think i might get the guyatone wr-2 wah rocker or the electro harmonix doctor q, the q has a bass switch which i think would be helpful and it looks way cool :cool: but the problem is its a fair bit more expensive than the guyatone or the french fries, what are your thoughts on this

7. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Go for what you like.
    - Be sure to test them first.

Good luck.

8. thesmallprint

thesmallprint

Jan 4, 2005
    i would test them...except i cant, no one in perth stocks them all i can do is read reviews and listen to demos really :meh:

9. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    There's a Guyatone Wah Rocker and a Bottom Wah Rocker. I tried the plain Wah Rocker and it took away more bottom end than the French Fries.

10. thesmallprint

thesmallprint

Jan 4, 2005
    mmmm well i might go down to the local music shop tomorow and see if theyve got the french fries otherwise ill look into the bottom one or the doctor q