Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Danelectro Guitar Pedals on bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by danielguerra, Jun 22, 2005.

1. are danelectro guitar pedals any good on bass, there is a very cheap Daddy-O over here, i wanted ti know if it kills the low end or not, its really cool looks like and old cadillac, do the EQ knobs help suiting it for bass??

2. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    someone on here posted that they thought the daddy-o was ok to get a tubey kind of od. another person said something like "despite the 3 eq controls it still loses low end". check the distortion mega-thread.

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I've found most dano pedals to be great on bass.

For along time I thought the Daddy O was a great overdrive, you should try it. I didn't think it lost much low end for me, but then I've only played them in shops.

Hope this helps

4. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    Dano pedals are cheap and unreliable for professional use..they will fail when you least expect it..they are made with plastic jacks and suck tone when by-passed. I had my last dance with those pedalsl for ever.

they look cool tho :)

5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The Cool Cat Chorus worked well with a bass when I auditioned it. It's bigger and heavier than the other Danos but I don't know if that has any bearing on quality.

It doesn't have enough tweaking options though. But for some folks, simple is best.

6. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    I use a dan autowah for bass with relative sucess.