Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DanElectro Hodads (1 fretted, 1 defretted)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    UPDATE: September 2005. Need money. Price drop on the fretless to $250. Will go on craigslist as soon as I take some new pix, and I'm pretty sure once I post it there for $250 it's gonna go fast. The other bass was sold a while back.

Arite - I'm cleaning house and I'm having the roughest time letting go of these 2. Both in excellent condition. One I defretted and did a pretty neat job. The neck is smooth and shiny - don't remember exactly what I finished it with, but there are many coats and it's rock solid. The defretted one has a tiny chip in body on the underside of the neck but it's unnoticable unless you're really inspecting it.

Both have 3 lipstick pickups, 6 position selector switch, and a toggle switch to go to all 3 p/us. They are semi hollow bodied, lightweight, have a great deep retro tone that made my MIA P-Deluxe sound like a toy, and can feedback like a guitar if you crank yer amp and stick it in the speaker (my favorite feature :) ). They're incredibly versatile, look cool (IMO) and fun to play.

The defretted hodad is black w gold sparkle, fretted is blue sparkle. The fretted looks black unless it's under lights.

These basses are becoming increasingly hard to come by and I'm not going to give them away. If you're interested I'd appreciate your making me some offers. If they make me happy I'll let them go. If anyone is seriously interested I'll break out my digital camera again but I really suck at taking bass pictures. Takes me an hour to get anything that's not total glare.

There's a little pic and some more info on it here on this page that needs some serious updating. http://thenerve.info/my_gear.htm

2. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Arite, I'll start the bidding at $300 a piece + shipping.

3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    I updated the original post - so I guess I have to bump it too, ay?