Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Danelectro Neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chace90, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    OK, so I have a danelectro Hodad bass and I love it. The only problem is that the neck is way heavier than the body so it sags when I play. I have to hold the bass up to play it which sucks. Anyone have any suggestions about how I can possibly fix this problem? (playing something else doesn't count)

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    ive heard three different ways to counteract a bass that neckdives. I think alot of people with warwick thumbs and other basses deal with this problem. One is to move the strap button. try other places and see if it eleviates the problem. Another, and i'm not sure how this works, is to put more weight on the back of teh back strap button. The last is get used to it. Most basses do it a little, just get used to it or sell it if it annoys u that much.

3. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    To put more wieght on the bridge side of the bass you could try getting a heavier bridge, that could help with the balancing but it will also make your bass wiegh more. The other thing you could try are wide leather straps. Ive heard people on here rave about the Comfort Strapp (yes, two "p"s). Do a search on the net and you should be able to find one.

4. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    The problem with changing the bridge is that this thing is built only to use the parts on it. A different bridge probably wouldn't fit because the bass is mostly hollow and has a block of wood into which the bridge is set. This goes for the strap button as well, I don't think I could relocate it.

The leather strap idea seems to be the best bet so far. I almost think I should open up the control cavity and fill it with something heavy. I wish I could take a picture so I could show you what I mean.