Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Danelectro Spring King Reverb

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by skunkrawk, Apr 28, 2005.

1. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    has anyone ever tried one of these out? the kick feature seems pretty cool (though couldnt you get the same effect out of any real spring reverb pedal by simply kicking it?) thanks! -dave

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Yeah thats the point you simulate kicking a spring reverb amp, but without kicking and scuffing and denting your spring reverb amp :eyebrow:

I hear they are meant to be quite good and I've never ha da problem with any danelectro pedals, I wouldn't pay much for it mind.

Hope this helps

3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Kicking my Fender Reverb is much more fun!!! No 2 kicks are quite the same.

4. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Maybe that why it dosn't work anymore??? :rolleyes:

Alex

5. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Naaaah *L*

The foot switch went kaputs... Seems to occur when the footswitch is 40+ years-old. I'll prolly build a new one eventually.

BUT to end this hijack...

I looked at the Danelectro Spring King, but it appeared to be made of plastic. Obvious remarks of abuse aside, I am also really tough on gear. I have 2 gauranteed giigs a week at church, 2 rehearsals, and the possibility of 1 or 2 more of each a week. I end up moving my gear several times over the course of a week. A plastic housing probably would go bye-bye pretty quickly.

If you get one, stick up some sound samples. I'm not above re-housing, if the guts inside are good quality. I'm looking into a second, smaller Pedal board for my AEB (chorus, reverb, and EQ) and want to stick on a good Reverb that will sound good, but won't cost me a fortune.