Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Danelectro strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by JoelEoM, Jul 19, 2002.

1. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    I had a studio session today, and didnt have a chance to get strings a few days before, so i could break them in. so i stopped by the music store on the way there, picked up a set of DR sunbeams(i think) and saw a set of danelectro 45-105s, which ive never seen before. on a whim, i bought them, and used them for the session. unbelievable! really punchy, and they growl a little bit when you start digging into them. theyre very bright, which didnt work well for what i was doing today, but i usually EQ high end out anyway. the only thing left is to see how long they last, but overall, im highly impressed, and they were only 20 bucks. if you get a chance, try them out.

2. I used a short scale set on my old (thankfully, sold) EB-0 last year and hated them. They sounded weak and tinny when they were new and within a week or so they were dead and wouldn't intonate properly. I may have gotten a defective set, but I'll never know because I won't ever buy them again.

3. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    i would say you either got a bad set, or danelectro learned how to make them properly at this point. i wish i had mp3's of that session, the bass is anything but weak and/or tinny.

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    different guys different ears!!