Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Danelectro

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Dec 18, 2005.

1. how are the dan electro mini effects? ive tried the fab effect overdrive and it was pretty cool...but the dano pedals i was interested in are the:
    Bacon N Eggs: Mini Amp/Distortion
    Hash Browns: Flanger
    Daddy-O: Overdrive

2. I have a Daddy-O & it's not one of the 'mini' pedals. I like it- very tubey, IMO. The minis look flimsy to me- all plasticy vs the metal-cased full size Dano stuff.

3. a guitarist i used to play with had the delay mini effect, he threw that thing around like it was a cat on fire...they're rather damn sturdy.....well sturdier than the behringer pedals :p ....theres no loss of low end with the daddy-o?

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I played with a guitarist who swore by his Cool Cat Chorus. Only experience I have with Danelectro.

But honestly, I draw the line when I find them hanging on the wall at Sam Goody stores.

5. Maybe a bit; I'm not terribly picky, & I tend to punch this particular box in for specific sections of songs & leave it off the rest of the time. It has a 3-band EQ, but to me it's pretty subtle. Larry Graham supposedly uses one, FWIW...

6. Bassteban, you say it's subtle,how subtle is it? would say it's more like an overdrive or an actual distortion\fuzz..a local shop has a daddy-o and a cool cat for sale very cheap and I'm thinkin about getting the dad-o,and I most certainly will get the cool cat(because I heard so many good things here)..also, not to hijack the thread but we're talkin Dano pedals here...theres a shift-daddy there too and was wondering if anyone has any expereince with this pedal on bass?? as far as the mini pedals go I do have a chili dog octave pedal thats"not too bad" for a $30. pedal brand new.. tracks pretty well down to C but, honestly I would get a used Boss octave for a few bucks more

7. Maybe 'subtle' is not really the word; I sometimes crank up the overdrive level for upper-register pretend-guitar on 6-string bass stuff. For that it can get pretty dirty, I just don't go there for most stereotypical bass playing. If you can get one cheap, I say do it. Mine was $59.

8. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    i tried one of the black licorice pedals today. it's a distortion and octaver. wasn't wonderful i have to admit, but it did give an interesting synth- type effect. Probably worth a try if you get the chance

9. I can get one for around $40. ,thats pretty cheap..I better act fast.. crapusername, does it do an octave up or down ?