Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by carlos_07, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Hey all.
    As part of my bass on a budget practise I'm considering buying the Danelectro compressor and distortion mini-peds. Errrr, I know I should go and read the reviews section, but there's not much there. Just wondering if anyone had tried either of these pedals and if they're much good?
    I was told I should get a compressor because I play quite high up the neck most of the time and I was told the compressor would cut out some nasty high frequencies I get, which is right, right? Any possible help would be helpful. :meh:
  2. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    I was always under the impression that a compressor just limits volume jumps. Altho I know next ot nothing about compressors so im definately the wrong person ask . :smug:

They only danelectro pedal I have is the fab overdrive and it is a great distortion pedal for bass (retains lowend) and it works well on guitar as an overdrive aswell.

For a ton of reviews on alot of gear check out www.harmony-central.com
  3. Hey do you have the black liquorice or t-bone? I dunno which one to opt for...? :confused:
  4. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    No I do not, I have the Danelectro Fab series Overdrive, wich IMO is a very nice pedal.

Its called an overdrive, wich it is when used with a guitar, but I get tons of distortion when used with a bass.