Danelectros for sale (2 of em)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Joe Nerve, May 23, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I've got 2 mint condition Danelectro Hodads for sale. One blue sparkle fretted, one black sparkle defretted (quite well I might add) by me. They have 3 lipstick pickups, 7 position selector knob, a toggle switch to go to all three pu's, a volume and a tone control. Adjustable bridge and neck. Semi hollow body.

My sales pitch on these basses:​

They're super light and sound absolutely amazing. I used to A/B them on cover gigs with an American P deluxe and the Hodads put out more punch and bottom, more definition, cut through the mix better, and were more versatile. The thing I like most about them is you can get them to feedback like a guitar if you crank up the volume and hold them up to an amp - I don't know any other basses that do that. Not a squealing feedback, a note sustaining Hendrix kind of thing. The reasons I'm selling them is I'm doing a super house cleaning to rid myself of everything I don't use. I've been playing only my Bongos for a while now - and everything else I own is going to hit this board soon.

The value of these basses is going up, you can check Ebay if wish. They're becoming almost impossible to find, me thinks cuz anyone who has one is holding on to it, and Fat Mike from NOFX plays one - so there's my artist endorsemnt.

$300 each. +shipping.
  2. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    I have a Dano DC, defretted, and it is WAYY better than it has a right to be. This is a great deal on either of these basses.
  3. gojirin

Oct 11, 2004
    When I started playing bass again, a friend sold me one of his 3 Dano DC's. I got to choose a color, too. I've never been able to let it go - serious fun for very little money and ya gotta love the tone of lipstick pu's.

A fretless one would up the fun factor even more!
    I've gotta stop reading the sale ads....
  4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    The fretted one has been sold to an incredibly happy dude named Ravi (www.hugeband.com what the hell, I'll plug the guys band, they sound pretty good) who bought it off of Craigs list. :) He already has one and wanted this as a back-up. I mention thas fer anyone who may question the worth of these things. He also played the fretless and became interested in that, yet was unready to drop another $300.

The fretless is available still - it sounds amazing - and I really think you all should buy it cuz it's a super great bass and a super great price. Sales pitch #2 over and done.