dang ebay! (and another thing....)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by arcellus, Mar 11, 2004.

1. arcellus

Feb 28, 2004
    Portland, OR
    well there are two reasons for this post:

1. be careful on ebay (i'm sure you all already knew this). i bought an eden 210xlt cab used and recieved it with two blown woofers. DAMMIT!! but, the guy's being cool and has already refunded my money... let's just hope it clears the bank. why would he send me a cab with two blown speakers? maybe he thought i wouldn't notice...?

(by the way, i'm the guy that was asking for help with this distortion problem a few days ago... yeah it was blown speakers)

2. other suggestions? i love the big fat sound of the eden but are there any others i should be looking at before i go get another? i wouldn't be able to try a bergantino, epifani, ea, or most other high-end cabs before i bought one so i'm relying on info from this and numerous other threads. i'm a jazz player at heart but will be playing mostly funk/jazz/hip-hop crossover stuff with this setup.. i like a deep, punchy attack, some sizzle around 1k, and very flat response when i need it. our band's not too loud now but i've got plenty of power so may be adding another cab later. for this reason i'd like to stick to 8ohm cabs.

so whaddaya'll say?
  2. They might be a little pricey.. but I'm positive you'd love the Accugrooves. And.. the new Tri 210 has the "accuswitch" so you can flip between 4 or 8 ohms.
  3. I just picked up an Accugroove Tri 112L yesterday to replace my Eden 210xlt and 115xlt. I loved my Eden stuff, but I can't believe what the Accugroove can do. I have not jammed with a band yet using the tri 112L, but it seems it will work for anything at a moderately loud volume. This is an 8ohm cabinet and demands just a little more power then my Eden 210xlt. I do not think this should scare anyone away though. I am using a MesaBoogie m-2000 that puts out 600 watts at 4 ohms. (appr. 300 watts into 8 ohm load) I can get lots of volume and much much better lows then the 210xlt. The Accugroove has two dials to control the highs and the mids. This gives excellent flexability to "dial" in the cabinet to your needs. In the store at first I was unsure of the tone until I adjusted the dials on the back... WOW!

I am no bass God, but for my entertainment I do use many techniques. (Fingerstyle, Slap, Tap, chords, and looping) The Accugroove cabinets give a clarity that I have never heard. Especially in picking chords or layering loops. Amazing.

I have not been playng big venues for a while, so I did not need my stack of Eden cabs for now. I do not believe that the Tri112L can move as much air/volume/booty as my Eden stack, but it is way better then just the 210xlt. Someday I may ad another Tri112L or the Tri210 if I need to shake the foundation a bit more.

At 38lbs I now have my amp bag over my shoulder, bass in one hand and easily carry the Accugroove in the other... and I am ready to jam. What a relief.

If Accugroove is reading this, THANK YOU.

Sorry for the long post. I am quite excited. Time to leave work early... I uh... feel ill... some 4 hour virus or something. :hyper:
  4. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Shipping, in and of itself, can (often) shift voice coils and
    throw them out of alignment.

Shipping speakers via USPS, UPS, FEDEX is dicey at best.