1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dang! UPS, Take it easy!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by ModulusQ5-122, Dec 6, 2011.

1. I came home and found this on my door step (supposed to have gotten a sig. but thats a different story). It looks like it fell off of the truck 10 times before it reached my house. There was no hard case, actually no case at all, only bubble wrap. I was shocked to see that the bass was still intact and there was no damage. Dang UPS!

Picture198.
    Picture197.
    Picture199.
    Picture200.
    Picture201.

2. dustinfennessey

dustinfennessey

Sep 29, 2011
    WI
    Dude they kill stuff...it could have glowing flashing lights that say fragile and they couldn't care less

3. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    Wow. That's appalling.

4. denhou1974

denhou1974

Mar 6, 2008
    For future reference:
    If the contents are damaged contact the shipper. UPS will not deal with the recipient because you're not their customer, the shipper is.

The shipper is responsible for packing correctly. A single-walled box with foam peanuts or bubble wrap inside will not protect electrical components.

If you're home when it's delievered and a signature is required, do not accept a package that looks like this.

UPS will almost always deny the damage claim, initially. Keep on them, if the box looks like this then they'll pay.

UPS drivers probably didn't damage your package, it probably happened in the hub.

5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I would still call them and complain. It doesn't matter if the bass arrived safely, they still have to know that packages are getting delivered like that. It's unacceptable.

6. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Never ship basses around the Holidays with UPS. They get "hired help" to deal with the influx of packages. As much as they tell them to not damage packages, things seem to happen more during the holidays.

7. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    So... what was in the box?

8. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Real bad packing job.

9. sharpbass

sharpbass Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2011
    looks like that box needed more packing paper or something stuffed in there to make it firm. If the box is packed very lightly, it will flex/bend and rip. Had it been packed tight with paper, it would have held up....well maybe.

10. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    I'm as shocked by the spelling of "in tacked" (aka intact) as I am by the treatment that box got or as I am by the packing job!

11. This, Lakland 55-02 deluxe:

Picture202.

12. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    There's a big difference in a quality box and a Chinese box. You can tell by all the ribbing that it is an inferior container.

13. Yep, the worst I have ever gotten and it came from a music store of all places. Some of you may have heard of them before.....Guitar Center.

14. haha, Yea thanks for correcting me. When I typed it I stopped for a second and said, that doesnt look right. Oh well they will get what I mean.

15. That's just an amazingly bad packing job for such a nice bass.

16. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    That's what we're all here for! Glad to hear the bass was alright though, I had the same one but with a rosewood board and loved it!

17. steven1068

steven1068

Oct 26, 2011
    I once had a pair of earbuds shipped to me through UPS, and I think they must have had an elephant sit on them before they got to me, because they arrived as little more than fragmented pieces of plastic, metal, and wires. :(

18. Unacceptable.

19. Internet Police

Internet Police

Sep 4, 2011
    That's the new urban packaging program. Sure, its a little rough around the edges but the packaging is trying hard to work and change. Give it a chance.

20. DRafalske

DRafalske

Nov 6, 2008
    Hebron, KY
    This^

And I'll echo the fact that they truly couldn't give a rodent's tail about your package. It's just a box, one of a million they have to move that day.
    I've been in the logistics industry for 15+ years. I started out on the ground floor and squeezed the air out of a few boxes myself. Damage claims are a part of doing business.

I'm glad your bass is OK though! It's a beaut!

D