dang wobbegong

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fetch Da bass, Feb 22, 2004.

1. That would be sad yet funny at a funeral.

"Young Tresoglavic was a good man when he was attacked by a wobbegong, taking his life, now lets bow our heads and pray that we will never face the sad deeds of the wobbegong ever again."
  2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    If I was at the beach and saw his walk up to me like that, I think I would have tried to kill the shark to get it off. It would be a good idea to wedge something in his jaws so he couldnt bite down anymore than it already had.

3. Like your arm.

I like sharks,even if they're gnawing at your flesh.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    "A senior lifeguard at the clubhouse, Michael Jones, said he couldn't believe his eyes when Tresoglavic turned up -- shark in tow."

Cool.....that's my name....Michael Jones.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Naw, my tattoo is too precious to let that shark gnaw on it. ;)

Im talking more like a branch or a pipe or something.

Seriously, I think we shouldnt go crazy killing animals and should avoid it at all reasonable costs, but if the shark is clamped to this guys leg and he's bleeding and runs the risk of losing a part of his leg, I think its time to get the shark off.

I love sharks too. Ive been snorkelling plenty of times where people have spotted sharks and headed out of the water, but I felt fine in there. Rays are especially cool. :)

PS: I was expecting a comment like that. Its noble, but I think the dudes leg is more valuable.
  6. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    It would have been harder to get off than you think. Wobbegong's teeth face backwards. It's nature's way of making sure anything they attack can't get away. The more you struggle, the deeper the teeth sink in. Wobbegongs are actualy one of the best hunters in the ocean. It'a a good thing it was only a little one..........