D'Angelico EX SD Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Guinness20, Sep 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Guinness20

Guinness20

Jan 24, 2013
    Liverpool, UK

I've been flirting with the idea of getting a semi-hollow, somebody suggested the D'Angelico EX SD Bass. There's very little round here about the EX bass (only 1 review) so I had a look on their website. It looks and sounds like a great bass, but while I was on the D'Angelico website I spotted the EX SD bass. Hot Damn! Just look at it!

Anybody played one of these? Wondering if I could get away with playing rock with it, my latest band is part-halestorm and part-carrie underwood.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  2. deelgee

deelgee

Jan 18, 2012
    What made you not get D'Angelico EX-SD bass?

3. CTBassGuy

CTBassGuy

Feb 3, 2018
    Danbury, CT
    I had serious GAS for one, until I tried to play one at GC. It’s medium scale and that threw me (34” is my usual size). Neck dive too, but probably could have been dealt with by a wide strap. The one I tried needed a setup; the action was too high for my liking.

I probably could have dealt with all these things, but it just didn’t speak to me.

Bottom line, I wanted to like it, but didn’t, so I passed.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021