SOLD D'Angelico Excel Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Greg_S, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Price:
    $750
    Strings:
    I've moved to Colorado from California, am semi-retiring and have left my band after 7 years. Don't see myself connecting with another band at this point in my life, so sadly there is no longer a need to keep my collection other than being a hoarder. So PLEASE - NO TRADE OFFERS.

Got this beauty in a trade and knew I'd be moving it along as I normally play 4 string basses. Fun bass to play though as its so light weight. She's had a boo boo that needs explaining, but it's all good now.

Photo Jun 18, 10 02 21 PM.jpg

According to Jeff at Buscanti, who traded it to me, the bottom strap button got pushed in when it was delivered to him. He had a professional repair done to it and now it's actually better than new, other than the edge binding that is slightly off. It got matched down there as best it could I suppose. With a strap on, no one will know it's even there.

After the repair, both strap pins were reinforced with square jack plates, which is ingenious if you think about it. Ain't nothing going to touch this now!. I believe my price reflects the repair, although it's better than new.

Specs:
    • Mother of Pearl Excel Shield Logo
    • Grover Super Rotomatic tuners
    • Nut Width - 1 11/16", Bone nut
    • Pau Ferro finger board
    • 3 Ply binding
    • 22 Medium Jumbo frets
    • Scale 32.25”
    • Mother of Pearl Split-Block inlays
    • 3 piece C-Shape set neck dual action truss rod
    • Body Depth 3"
    • Body Width 17"
    • Top Material Laminated Spruce
    • Laminated Flame Maple
    • Bridge Ebony with MOP Inlays
    • Tail & Tailpiece D’Angelico Stairstep
    • Strap Button - see above
    • Pickups - Seymour Duncan Johnny Smith Floating Mini-Humbuckers with 1 volume and 1 tone
    • Weighs 7lbs, 3 1/2 ounces
    • Made in Korea
    • Case Deluxe Hardshell Case
    $750 is an AWESOME price - don't be scared away by the repairs! Will ship to lower 48 states for free and PayPal is ok.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  2. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    Someone created a thread recently RE: attractive headstocks...I should have mentioned D'Angelico in my post to that thread...love the 'stocks on these (and the overall looks of their basses...) drool:thumbsup:

3. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    Wait, this thing has the same scale as a Strat guitar? (EDIT: It said 25.5" but the OP has fixed it now)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  4. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Fat fingered the number! It's actually 32.25" scale and post has been updated.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  5. DDXdesign

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    Aha! Thanks. Very cool bass, GLWTS!

6. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    That doesn't seem right...

ETA: OP Updated

This is killing me. I'm about a year and a half or so from being in a position where I can replace my basses. This would be a serious contender.

7. DDXdesign

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    Yes, he fixed it =0)

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021