1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

D'Angelo - Sugah Daddy (Bass Cover) w/ Notation Transcription [Pino Palladino]

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by PedroZappa, Feb 13, 2016.

1. PedroZappa

PedroZappa

Jun 11, 2012
    Brooklyn

I'm on a Pino roll these past few weeks hehe
    The transcription is on the dropbox link on the description!

Enjoy! ;)

2. dinodino

dinodino

Mar 9, 2008
    I love your Pino/ D'Angelo work so far! Keep up the great work!

I also like how you're defeating all the stereotypes that you need a P-Bass to get Pino's tone and feel - you are an inspiration brotha!

PedroZappa likes this.
  3. PedroZappa

PedroZappa

Jun 11, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Thank you dinodino, there's more Pino to come!

I've been saying it for a while, a great part of the "sound" is in the fingers ;)

4. BaileyMan

BaileyMan Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    San Francisco
    Hey Pedro. I just started working on this tune. It sounds simple, but there's lots of awesome little fills and embellishments that make it great! They're also not always easy to pick out of the mix...

Question, Is the tuning in this tune at A=440Hz? I'm struggling with a little bits and pieces in the tune. I'm not sure if it's because I'm still developing my ear training skills or if it's because it's just a little off, making it harder to match pitches. One youtube guy says it's tuned down 48 cents (~A=430).

I've been playing it in G, as you have, but have it tuned up to A=448 and it seems to be a little easier for me now.

Your thoughts?

5. I've been looking at your videos and transcriptions. Great work! I really appreciate people like you doing this.
    Steve