Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

D'angelo - Voodoo

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, Dec 23, 2000.

1. I picked up this album the other day, and I must say, I really enjoy it. Every song is memorable and has a good groove, not to mention some cool bass playing from Charlie Hunter, Pino Palladino, Raphael Saadiq, and D himself. Anybody else have or has heard this cd have an opinion on it?

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    What a great album - I love it, and it shows what an amazing player Pino is; he made his name playing melodic lines on fretless, but this shows that he can get an old school fretted bass with flatwounds and really lay it down.

also, big up to D'Angelo for taking the step of hiring Pino for his touring band - in an industry where image is seen as everything, here's a black huy in his 20s getting a 40-something, curly haired white welshman to play on tour with him. It's a great example to anyone who would hire a musician purely on looks and image rather than musical skill...

cheers

steve
    http://www.steve-lawson.co.uk

3. great CD, saw pino on T.V., picked up the CD the next day and i love it, smooth and funky

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    D'Angelo is about the music. Seeing Pino with him is no surprise for me.

5. Yes also, D'Angelo was naked in a video...Eeeww.