Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Danny Gatton Video - ACL

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jkritchey, Mar 6, 2006.

1. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    I did a search and couldn't find a previous post of this. Apologies if duplicate..

This is an online video of Danny Gatton's 1991 perfromance on Austin City Limit's (aired in 1992).

Clicky Clicky

Absolutely stunning player. Watch for the last song, where he plays slide using a full beer bottle....

Just thought I'd share.

2. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    i love danny gatton. one of the best. the beer bottle/towel segment amy be the greatest moment in guitar.:crying:

3. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I saw Danny Gatton once in Atlanta a couple of years before he died, and he was phenomenal. He did the slide with the full beer thing, but I walked away thinking he could play absolutely anything in any style and sound incredible. If I'd lived in the DC area back then I would have gone to see him over and over again. What a loss.

4. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    There's a site where you can find a bunch of his videos, including the beer/towel act from austin city limits. There's also this amazing jazz/funk studio cut where he just kills it. I don't know the exact address of the site, I'll have to ask my brother when I see him, he'll know for sure. I'll post it when I find it.

5. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    What!?!?! A guitar promotion??? On a Bass site?!?!?

Just kiddin'... ;)