1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Danny Miranda - Laying it down in Vegas

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by funkytoe, Mar 18, 2008.

1. funkytoe

funkytoe Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    So, I went to Las Vegas this weekend with my wife and another couple. The girls wanted to go see the musical "Mama Mia" at the Mandalay Bay hotel. Now ABBA is not really my thing, but I agreed to just go.

My wife gets second row seats, which is cool because you can look down into the orchestra pit. I'm listening to the music and thinking that the bass player has really got a great groove going -- so I look down into the pit. Well guess what - the bassist is Danny Miranda.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the name, Dan is a rocker. He has played with Blue Oyster Cult and more recently toured with Paul Rogers and Queen. Yet there he was, in anonymity, down in the pit, laying it down on some 70's ABBA classics.

Now THAT is what bass playing is all about. No ego, laying it down where the work is and making the other players sound great. Nice work Dan.

2. There are a ton of great (name) players in the pits these days. Danny is awesome!

3. Hamrhed

Hamrhed

Dec 26, 2007
    Ky
    Danny Miranda is a smokin' player- I have seen and heard his work w/ B.O.C. and Paul Rodgers & Queen- he makes everyone around him sound better! Great to hear that Danny is still layin it down :)