Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Danny Miranda

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by JWC, Apr 24, 2001.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Anyone else dig Danny Miranda? He is one of my faves. That bass solo from Godzilla just sealed his title of legend.

2. Love that song!!! I was wondering who Danny Miranda was.Doh!!

3. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Yeah Willie D., thats him. The low end of the Blue Oyster Cult himself. He is a great bassist if you listen to alot of BOC's earlier stuff. Very underated/unknown :)

4. even though this goes against my promise that i would never post to one of you threads again.

when did this guy play for B.O.C.?

i have been listening to them since the 70's and he isn't listed on any of the discs i have.
    including Spectres which contained Godzilla.

5. That is true.I remember listening to their stuff on VINYL.Those were the days.

6. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Gruff, you don't have to make some indignatious, political stand by not responding to my posts, which are all ok now. Anyway Gruff, go to the BOC website and he is on there.

7. He may be the new bass player but he didn't play on the originals. If you listen to the old disks the bass player is Joe Bouchard, brother of the Drummer. The bass was mostly Joe but was sometimes played by the lead singer/guitar player Eric Bloom or keyboardist Allen Lanier.

Just thought you might want to know so you are starting threads about the guy who played on the songs and not the guy who is filling the spot after the band broke up and reformed with out some of the original members.

8. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    oh well? thanks Gruff, I had no idea :)

9. Homer(Willie) says ooopppsss/Doh!!!.It is confirmed on the older albums.A friend of mine who is a seious B.O.C. fan corrected me too.It's all good!!!