Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Danny Wilson?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by rblank, Jul 9, 2003.

1. rblank

rblank

Jul 8, 2003
    First post!

I did a quick search on Danny Wilson and didn't come up with a lot. I've been trying to findout who he has played with besides Lorber. His work on Water Signs blows me away and I'd like to get some more recordings if I can.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

3. rblank

rblank

Jul 8, 2003
    :meh:

He's also, apparently, a bass harmonica player:

http://www.bassharp.com/

Unfortunately, that doesn't help me at all.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Wow - that's the trouble with the internet - so much stuff and so little knowledge!! ;)

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
  6. rblank

rblank

Jul 8, 2003
    Yes, I know. Now you see the problem.

7. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    Water Signs,Wizard Island (A MUST ! Listen),and Galaxian are the only things that I know of that he has done with the early Jeff lorber Fusion Band other than seeing him hanging around the Portland,Oregon area with Nathaniel Philips and some other former members of the group Pleasure"he does on occasions,plays with local bands/artist and yes he still a monster player

8. rblank

rblank

Jul 8, 2003
    Can you still get recordings of these? I have Water Signs on tape, but the only stuff I have from the other 2 is what's on the collection CD.

9. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    If you have Kazaa you may be able to download some of Jeff's early material as mention in the thread.

I will try to find other resources for you if I can. .......Stay in touch.

10. rblank

rblank

Jul 8, 2003
    That's a good idea. I wonder why I haven't thought of that. I'll take a look when I get home tonight.