1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dano '63 anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by andy sire, Mar 10, 2008.

1. I was thinking of buying a new Danelectro '63 but no shops have them near me so I can't try one. Has anyone had one actually in their hands? The longscale looks neck-heavy - how does it balance when wearing? And the shortscale seems very short- what does it really sound like. The sound on the Dano website is awful. I already have a Danelectro guitar and it sounds a whole lot better than the sample of the same guitar played on their site so I don't trust the samples as a reference point.....:help:

2. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

They're not shipping until late April. So no one will be able to try them until then.

I ordered a short-scale. It's a standard short-scale at 30".

The sound on their web site is not the best, but it was ok for me.

3. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    I plan on buying a long scale, I have a Hodad and it's an incredible bass! Seriously! I have G&L SB2's, an L2000, a couple Jags, etc.....but I think I enjoy the Hodad most of all....so the '63 ought to be a blast!!