1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dan's (now mine) LEJ5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jazzenfunk, Mar 3, 2008.

1. jazzenfunk

jazzenfunk Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    bay area
    Hi all, just wanted to say how happy I am with my new burgundy mist LEJ5 I bought from Dan Lutz. I had never layed my hands on one so didn't know what to expect. because of medical bills, i was in no position
    to let gas get to me but I went for it. Right after i sent Dan the $$, I got some unexpected medical bills denied by my insurance and i told Dan I may need to sell it as soon as it arrived.
    Now that I have played it, that notion is history!!
    This is by far, the best jazz 5 string I have played. I've owned Sadowsky, Lull, F bass, Elrick etc.
    Funny thing is, I like Ash/maple basses to get that 70's Marcus funk and I wasn't sure how this Alder/Rosewood combo would be but it just nails that and with some eq, gets all the tones i enjoy. The neck profile is just fantastic too.
    Thanks again Dan, and if anyone sees a used LEJ for sale and always wanted one, don't wait, buy it!

2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Man, sorry to hear about the medical Bills!! I hope everything works out and the LEJ brings you joy.

I'm glad your having so much fun with the LEJ and holding it at the high standards of the brands mentioned. If there is ever anything I can help with just ask.

Thanks
    Brian

3. jazzenfunk

jazzenfunk Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    bay area
    Thx Brian, I am very happy and hope to be back gigging with it soon.

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Look forward to some live shots. Shoot me a pic if you like for the website players page.