1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Daphne Blue MIA J-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chadillac, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Chadillac

Chadillac

Feb 15, 2010
    I am a relative newbie but am desperately looking for some help here. I would like to find a new daphne blue fender MIA jazz. I think that I have reached the end of the internet in my search. I really want something new and price is not too much of an object (within reason). Getting something and having it repainted leaves much to be desired in my mind. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys.

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I don't think Daphne Blue is offered in any new MIA models from Fender. G&L has a gorgeous pale blue Jazz, but I don't know if it's Daphne, Sonic, or some other variation. But it's very similar.

Fender offered Daphne Blue as a color choice on their Highway 1's from 2003 - 2005. I used to have an '03. You can occasionally find one of those for sale, but of course it wouldn't be new.

Oddly enough, in early November 2009, I found a new old stock '03 Highway 1 at a shop in Pennsylvania. I ended up buying it, but sold it a few months later because I had too many basses. You're just a couple months too late on that one. I sold it here in the TB classifieds.

But if I were you, I'd check out those G&L's if you can't find one on ebay.

EDIT: Here's the G&L I was talking about:

http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/USA/basses/JB/index.asp

3. Chadillac

Chadillac

Feb 15, 2010
    Thanks for the link - that is a really nice looking color. Is that a jazz neck on that? It lists a measurement but frankly, that is kind of meaningless to me at this stage of my knowledge. I just love how the fender jazz feels in my hands and want to make sure I am getting that same feel.

Thanks.

4. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Dan Atkinson can build you a jazz with nitro Daphne blue. My next bass will most likely be a sonic blue one from him. Check out his site!

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Yes, that's a Jazz-width neck. G&L is a company founded by Leo Fender after he left Fender. They're very "Fender-ish", as you would expect. Some people like them even better than Fenders. I've owned a bunch of Fenders, but have never owned a G&L, so I can't really say from personal experience how good they are. But they get a lot of love here on TB.