1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Daphne Blue Warmoth Jazz Bass. Nitro Lacquer.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by vlad335, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vlad335

vlad335 Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    This is a build I put together awhile ago with a Warmoth alder body and a Mighty Mite P-bass neck. I have recently became a Precision bass convert and I have way too many Jazz style basses. (Five!)

Warmoth Jazz body drilled for a Badass III. Weight 4lbs 7 oz. Nordstrand 70's wind J pickups. Bridge PU is in the 70's position. Controls are Audio Taper Volume, volume, and a linear taper tone control with a Kimber Kap .047 capacitor. Schaller strap-locs. Sprayed with lacquer primer, Daphne Blue lacquer and lacquer clear gloss top coat. Finish isn't perfect but I planned to relic it down the road.

Neck is a Mighty Mite P-bass profile (Very nice, my favorite) which is sprayed with tinted lacquer with a semi gloss lacquer top coat. Jockemo vintage neck decals and Fender 70's decal applied. Frets are leveled and crowned. Light relic work on the neck. Schaller gold tuners. New Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Includes SKB case and leather strap with Schaller Strap-Locs.

Issues: The finish as I mentioned above could be better. I had some splatter with the Daphne Blue but didn't worry too much about it as I planned to do the relic treatment anyway. A couple of the tuner screws didnt go in correctly and they are sticking up a tad. (Should be replaced down the road) Tiny hole in the back where I drilled through trying to install a grounding point. The Warmoth knobs were meant for split shaft pots and I got the bright idea to drill them out for solid shaft. Hard to do so they are a bit off center and turn weird. Last, the Fender decal is a combo of two decals. One is great and very thin, ( Fender) and the other (Jazz Bass) is thicker and sits higher under the lacquer.

Plays and sounds great! Weight is 9.2lbs. Asking $550 shipped in the lower 48. Paypal OK.

2. bass_snake

bass_snake Inactive

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Wow, that looks delicious! :)

Richie

3. Flabass

Flabass

Aug 11, 2008
    St. Petersburg
    That's a pretty bass. But I'm a P guy.

4. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    why gold hardware? Love it other wize.

5. vlad335

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    I love gold hardware. To each his own I guess. Also, had the Gold, slotted Badass III which is one of the best bridges out there IMO.

6. Foka

Foka

Dec 24, 2011
    Russian Federation
    hello) body and neck you're painting yourself?

7. MUSHROOMSeAcOw

MUSHROOMSeAcOw

Aug 1, 2010
    Georgia
    Would you consider any trades + cash?

8. vlad335

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    Yes, if I understand you correctly. Painted the neck and body myself with lacquer which I have found to be far superior for tone than poly finishes IMO.

9. vlad335

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    Depends. Not really in need of another bass right now though. ( Maybe a five string.)

10. vlad335

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    BUMP

11. If it were a P with a J neck instead of the other way around, I'd be all over that... she's beautiful though. I'm sure you'll sell soon.

12. vlad335

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    Actually the Mighty Mite P-necks have a great profile. I love them and think they are absolutely perfect. Slimmer than the Warmoth J.

Did an upgrade last night.

[​IMG]

Nice! While the tone was excellent beforehand, this gave the bass a tad more focus. No wonder Sadowsky and Lakland and many high end basses use neck screw ferrules. Going to do this on all my builds from now on.

13. I'm a fan of 1 1/2" nuts, buuuuuut this is too beautiful of a bass for me to pass up. Lemme pull some strings (no pun intended) and see if I can get some funds.

14. Facepalm.

15. vlad335

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    Lol.

On hold pending payment.

16. vlad335

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    Sold!