1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dark Glass Super Symmetry making a popping noise

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ansonsti, Feb 7, 2017.

1. ansonsti

ansonsti

Nov 16, 2015
    Western NY
    I've been noticing this kind of popping sound when I'm using my pedal board for a while now. It's relatively subtle but lately its been driving me mad. I was really busy gigging over the summer when I started my pedal board obsession and threw my pedal board together. I'm trying to think if it was making this noise when I first took it out of the box before it went on the board...

Anyway, I've finally had some time to sit down and A/B it. Take it out of the chain and isolate it. It's definitely coming from the Super Symmetry Compressor. Whether it's off or on. Which is funny because I have been using the comp to try and mitigate the noise for months now. It's like a popping noise that occurs when I pluck the string hard. If I don't push it to pop it will tend to distort a little bit on the attack. I'm probably going to end up contacting Dark Glass but I thought I'd bring my issue here first. See if anyone had some input on it.

I'm powering it with Godlyke Power-All but I haven't had any problems with other pedals.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    Hey man! Sorry to hear you're having issues. Don't worry though, we have a team of engineering Jedi's whose job is to take care of our customers.
    Just send drop us a line at support@darkglass.com (make sure to add your location, serial number and symptoms as well) and one of the ninjas will help figure this out.

Regards,
    Doug.

NoxNoctus likes this.
  3. ansonsti

ansonsti

Nov 16, 2015
    Western NY
    Thanks for the speedy reply, I'll get right on it!

4. Boom. Great service @ DG on display.